Links to resources on teaching and learning in Higher Education, including journals, publications, conferences, directories, and links to other resource pages.
Last Updated: Jul 25, 2014
- Advanced Learning with Technology (ALT) Symposium, IUPUI
The ALT Symposium brings the higher education community together to examine and showcase instructional technology strategies that impact learning across a variety of disciplines.
- Annual Conference on Education Pedagogy
- Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience, University of South Carolina
The Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience provides an ongoing forum where higher education professionals can share experiences, concerns, and accomplishments related to supporting student learning, development, and success in the first college year. It has been held annually for over three decades by the National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.
- Annual Summer Institute on College Teaching, Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education
The Virginia Tidewater Consortium's Summer Institute on College Teaching is in its 37th year of helping faculty at every level and discipline to become more effective teachers. Over the years hundreds of faculty have participated in the Institute and have found it very worthwhile and rewarding. The Institute is unique in that it allows faculty members the opportunity to discuss college teaching and learning in-depth with their colleagues in an open, pleasant environment. Since enrollment in the Institute is limited to a certain number, there is ample time for one-on-one discussion with the other faculty members.
- Authentic, Experiential, and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) Annual Conference
Fifth annual conference to be held July 28-31, 2014 at Hynes Convention Center in Boston.
- Dalhousie Conference on University Teaching and Learning (DCUTL)
Annual conference sponsored by the Centre for Learning and Teaching at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Edware C. Moore Symposium
- Great Lakes Conference on Teaching and Learning
- Higher Education Data Sharing (HEDS) Annual Conference
- Higher Education Data Warehousing Forum (HEDW)
The Higher Education Data Warehousing Forum (HEDW) is a network of higher education colleagues dedicated to promoting the sharing of knowledge and best practices regarding knowledge management in colleges and universities, including building data warehouses, developing institutional reporting strategies, and providing decision support.
The Forum meets once a year and sponsors a series of listservs to promote communication among technical developers and administrators of data access and reporting systems, data custodians, institutional researchers, and consumers of data representing a variety of internal university audiences.
- Information Technology in Teaching and Learning
Annual technology conference hosted by Coppin State University.
- International Consortium for Educational Development (ICED) Biennial Conference
ICED holds an international conference in a different location every two years.
- Lilly International Conference on College Teaching
- Online and Hybrid Learning Conference
Annual conference at Rutgers University (NJ)
- Sloan-C Consortium Annual Conferences
The Sloan Consortium offers three annual conferences, each focusing on a different area of interest in online learning and located in a different region of the country. Materials from past conferences may be downloaded for free from Sloan's website
- Society for Research into Higher Education Annual Conference
SRHE, based in the UK, hosts an annual international conference on research in higher education.
- SoTE Annual Conference (Scholarship of Teaching and Engagement)
- SoTL Commons: A Conference for the Scholarship of Teaching and Leanring
Abstracts from annual SoTL conference at Georgia Southern University may be downloaded from this webpage.
- SUNYCon Annual Conference
- Symposium for Teaching and Learning with Technology, Pennsylvania State University
The TLT Symposium is both an annual one-day event and a year-round online discussion of ways that faculty are using technology to enhance teaching, learning, and research. The next event is Saturday, March 22, 2014 at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, University Park. It is sponsored by the Office of Teaching and Learning with Technology
at Penn State.
- TASTE Conference (Technology and Strategies for Teaching Excellence)
Held annually at Frostburg State University.
- Teaching and Learning Technology Conference
Sponsored by Missouri University of Science and Technology
- University of Alabama System Scholars Institute
The Scholars Institute supports collaboration among faculty and administration system-wide, and encourages a shared community of knowledge for implementing best practices into the use of technology in the teaching, learning, and research processes. Now in its sixth year, The UA System Scholars Institute is hosted each year on a rotating basis by one of our three universities and is open to faculty, staff and administration from all three campuses.
- University System of Georgia Annual Teaching & Learning Conference