Adding a Page
- Go to ADD/EDIT PAGES and select Add/Reuse Page from orange navigation menu.
- This will open a new dialog box with two tabs, Create New Page, and Reuse Existing Page. You will see the following fields for Create New Page:
1. Enter a brief name for the page in Page Name.
2. Enter a one-sentence summary of the page in Description.
3. For Position, select from the drop-down menu whether you want the page to be a top-level page or whether you want to place it as a sub-page under an existing category.
4. The Friendly URL field is optional. This gives you the option of naming the page in the page’s URL address so that it can be easily remembered. If you leave this blank, the URL will be automatically generated.
5. By checking the box next to “Redirect this page to another guide or an external URL,” you can set this page to automatically link to another LibGuide page or an external URL. If you check this box, you have to enter a URL of the page where you want the user to be redirected.
6. You can also select a box that will hide this page from the public, published version of the website. You might use this option, let’s say, for a page advertising a USM conference that would only need to be posted around the time of the conference. You could check the box if you wanted to keep the page but make it inactive or invisible on the published website.